Investigating the Impact of Process and Product Innovation Strategies on Business Performance Due to the Mediating role of environmental dynamism using Structural Equations Modeling
Keywords:Process Innovation Strategy, Product Innovation Strategy, Business performance, environmental dynamism, Structural Equations Modeling
- Goal: the main purpose of the present study was to investigate the impact of process and product innovation strategies on business performance due to the dynamic environmental mediator role.
- Design / Methodology / Approach: The research method was based on purpose of applied research and in terms of data collection and analysis method was survey-correlation. The statistical population of this study consisted of 36 managers of Iranian banking industry. Questionnaires were used for data collection. Structural equation modeling was used to analyze the data.
- Results: the results showed that process and product innovation strategies have a positive and significant effect on business performance. Also, Sobel test results indicated that at 95% confidence level, process and product innovation strategies through dynamic mediator variable. Environment has a positive and significant impact on business performance.
- Limitations of the investigation: One of the limitations of the present study was the existence of different views on the topic of research among the members of the statistical community can influence the results of the research to some extent.
- Practical implications: The research findings can be used to improve the business performance of companies active in the banking industry through the implementation of innovation strategies.
- Originality / Value: The product innovation strategies are more visible than process innovation strategies so that the customers can easily feel their presence and this kind of innovation creates a situation where the organization can create a new market for its business.
How to Cite
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors must have a written permission from any third-party materials used in the article, such as figures and graphics. The permission must explicitly allow authors to use the materials. The permission should be submitted with the article, as a supplementary file.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after BJO&PM publishes it (See The Effect of Open Access).