Special Issue on BJO&PM
Call for Papers for a special Issue on: " New developments on Statistical Process Monitoring and Control "
- Subhabrata Chakraborti (Chair of the editorial board of the special issue), University of Alabama, USA
- Felipe S. Jardim, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil
- Nirpeksh Kumar, Banaras Hindu University, India
- Martin Guillermo Cornejo Sarmiento, Universidad de Lima, Peru
- Marcela Aparecida Guerreiro Machado, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Brazil
Statistical monitoring of the quality of products and services have always been of fundamental importance for companies to remain healthy in an increasingly competitive market. The research and applications in the area of statistical process monitoring and control (SPMC) is undergoing several changes that accompany significant technological innovations in real applications, such as artificial intelligence, 3D Printers, the Internet of Things, Big data and Machine-to-Machine Communication. For example, these new technologies allow for faster and more reliable collection of data that can be utilized to improve the efficacy of quality control and monitoring methods, such as control charts.
In this new scenario, there is an increase in interest and demand both by academics and practitioners in the field of statistical process monitoring and control and researchers have been studying new strategies to enhance the efficiency of several control charts, such as charts by variables or attributes, with known and unknown parameters, for monitoring the mean and the variability of univariate or multivariate processes, with or without correlation.
The aim of this special issue is to capture some of the new trends and studies in this field. The goal is to identify recent research and new subjects in the area, as well as future areas of interest. Original methodological contributions along with applications and case studies are of interest. The special issue is targeted towards Brazilian and international researchers who work on these topics, to build possible collaborations.
Suitable topics related to Statistical Process Monitoring and Control include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Nonparametric statistical process monitoring and control;
- Statistical process control of multivariate processes;
- Economic design of control charts;
- Capability indices, Acceptance sampling, and Acceptance control charts;
- Profile monitoring;
- Effects of parameter estimation on control charts;
- Control charts in healthcare applications;
- Control charts for auto-correlated data;
- Control charts for modern environments (such as Big Data) and non-standard applications;
- Networking monitoring;
- Other topics not listed above.
- Manuscript Submission Deadline: December 2023
- Notification of First Decision: March 2024
- Revised Version Submission: June 2024
Guidance for Prospective Authors can be checked in https://bjopm.org.br/bjopm/about/submissions.